This is a short guide for absolute beginners to take a first steps with using Ethereum.
From many possibilities how to start we pick here the one we found to be the best compromise of simplicity and security.
After you learn what is Ethereum and why use it, it is the best time to get started. How to?
- Download wallet
- Buy ETH
- Use decentralized applications (dapps)
1. Download wallet
Because of its enhanced using and security features such as:
- no seed phrases, but instead you can use your family and friends to backup your wallet
- allows you to lock and unlock your account, auto-block transactions, set a trusted contacts and other
2. Buy ETH
You can buy ETH directly in your Argent wallet. You just have to choose, if you buy it to your L1 or L2 wallet account.
From users perspective there are 2 basic features of using L1 and L2 to know:
- L2 has lower fees
- you have to move your funds between layers, e.g. if you want to use L2 and your funds are on L1
As L2 projects are still in its beginnings and most of the best known dapps are on L1, we suggest you to start on L1.
3. Use dapps
The other way of using various dapps is by using WalletConnect in your Argent wallet.
Here are some suggested dapps for you, that we will be diving deeper in next guide posts soon:
- manage your portfolio with Zapper
- swap tokens on Cowswap
- earn and win on Pooltogether no-loss winning savings account
- borrow or buy LUSD stablecoin by Liquity
- stake ETH on Rocket Pool and help by Ethereum’s decentralization
Learn about some other wallets:
Please let us know how you enjoy reading, what you liked or what you missed, by leaving a comment below.
Not financial or tax advice. This post is strictly educational and is not investment advice or a solicitation to buy or sell any assets or to make any financial decisions This post is not tax advice. Talk to your accountant. Do your own research.