The easiest and most convenient way to buy, store and use ETH and Ethereum is by using services of some centralized provider like Coinbase. However doing such is like using a bank, i.e. you put custody of your funds into the hands of someone else.
On the other hand, cryptocurrencies give you a possibility of absolute self-custody of your funds, i.e. by owning private key of your funds.
Same could be applied for projects and tools built on Ethereum. This is our featured guide of ones, we consider promote core values like decentralization, censorship resistance or immutability more than others recently do.
- buy / borrow USD-pegged stablecoin – LUSD from Liquity
- buy / borrow ETH-backed stablecoin – RAI from Reflexer
- spend your crypto in real world with Visa debit card by Gnosis Pay
- explore stats on DefiLlama
- swap assets on Cowswap or LlamaSwap
- win in no-loss lottery Pooltogether
- borrow / lend assets on PWN or Ajna
- buy indexes on Index Coop and derivatives on Synthetix
- buy / sell goods or crypto by using Unicrow escrow
- bet on Polymarket
- stream money in real time on Sablier or Superfluid
- anonymize your ETH
- buy / sell your ETH peer-to-peer by using Vexl
- manage your crypto with Brume wallet
- make payments by using zkBob
- manage your portfolio privately with Rotki
- insure your funds against bugs and hacks on Nexus Mutual
- buy a name for your wallet or website by using ENS
- fund / get funded projects on Gitcoin
- connect through permissionless social media by using Lenster
- publish your writings on Mirror
- publish your code on censorship-resistant Github – Radicle
Learn more: 1
We will be updating this post regularly.
Please let us know how you enjoyed reading, what you liked or what you missed.
Not financial or tax advice. This post is strictly educational and is not investment advice or a solicitation to buy or sell any assets or to make any financial decisions This post is not tax advice. Talk to your accountant. Do your own research.